Temporary occupancy

Subletting of your unit is not permitted, although you may arrange for temporary occupancy in your absence.

If you are a student and will be abroad for an extended period due to your studies/internship/work, then you may request permission to allow someone else to stay in your residence during your absence. This will only be allowed in exceptional circumstances. You must make clear both the exact period of your absence (max. six months) and the identity of the person who will be in your residence. Your request must be submitted to Servatius in writing, stating the name of the intended temporary resident and the start and end dates of the period in question.

You, the tenant, must continue to pay the rent. The tenant also remains responsible at all times for:

  • the payment of the rent
  • everything that happens in and is done to the residence
  • any persons staying in the residence